Kevin Stichter is a partner in the Charlotte office. His practice focuses on corporate transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, and equity and debt financings. He is often involved in cross-border transactions, involving parties and operations in multiple countries and related international issues. He also advises clients on general corporate matters, corporate governance and commercial contracts. In addition, he serves as outside general counsel to various companies.
Kevin has represented numerous types of parties in transactions, including multinational public companies, private equity sponsors, financial institutions, private companies, founders and management teams.
Kevin has worked in a wide-range of industries, including business services, chemicals, data management, defense, distribution, energy, financial services, healthcare, life sciences (including pharmaceuticals), manufacturing, media, retail, software, technology, telecommunications and transportation.
Prior to joining a predecessor firm in 1997, Kevin worked for large law firm based in the Western part of the U.S.
After law school, Kevin served as a law clerk to the Honorable David A. Ezra, United States District Court for the District of Hawaii.
- Best Lawyers in America, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, Venture Capital Law, 2008-2022
- Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, and Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2010-2022
- Association for Corporate Growth (Raleigh Durham), “Private Equity Deal of the Year,” Lead Counsel, 2012
- Charlotte Chamber of Commerce, Leadership School
- Association for Corporate Growth, member and speaker
- Vanderbilt Law School, recruiter and fundraiser
- Active member of St. John’s Episcopal Church, including search committee for head priest, Sunday School teacher and youth group advisor.
- Volunteer with local homeless shelter
- “Best Practices for Managing M&A from the Inside,” Association of Corporate Counsel - Research Triangle Park Moderator, September 2016
- The 14 Annual Presidents’ Forum of Charlotte, “M&A: A Vehicle to Grow your Business,” panelist 2015
- Association for Corporate Growth, 2nd Annual Deal Crawl, “M&A Curveballs: Earnouts & Working Capital,” presenter 2014
- The Entrepreneurship Institute, “Strategic Growth Initiatives in a Competitive Marketplace,” 2013
- North Carolina Bar Association, Business Law and International Law Practice Sessions & Joint Annual Meetings, “Traps for the Unwary in M&A Transactions,” 2013
- Association for Corporate Growth, Capital Conference, “Private Equity Deal of the Year,” panel moderator, 2012
- Private Equity and Mezzanine Finance Conference, co-chair, moderator and speaker, 2003-2009
- “In Merger-Related Suit, Attorney-Client Privilege Prevailed Over Garner Challenge,” K&L Gates Delaware Docket, September 2017