Lauren McFadden is an associate in the corporate/M&A practice group at the firm’s Charleston office. Her practice is focused on transactional corporate and finance matters across diverse industries. Lauren counsels both publicly and privately held entities, including private equity and venture capital firms, in connection with mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and other negotiated transactions in both domestic and cross-border deals.
Lauren also has experience in capital markets and banking and works with the banking & asset finance group in the Charleston office, advising clients on secured and unsecured financial transactions, including loan servicing-related matters, CMBS securitizations, loan assumptions, modifications, consents and defeasances.
Prior to joining the firm, Lauren served as an associate in the finance group of a global law firm in New York. Lauren’s practice focused on a variety of international capital markets and banking transactions. In the capital markets space, she regularly represented both underwriters and issuers, on SEC-registered and exempt equity and debt offerings and liability management transactions. In the banking space, Lauren advised borrowers and lenders on cross-border finance transactions, primarily involving syndicated and bilateral credit facilities.
Additionally, Lauren advised clients with respect to a variety of derivative transactions, with a focus on the Dodd-Frank Act’s implications for OTC derivatives and swaps. She has advised a wide spectrum of U.S. and non-U.S. swap market participants in navigating the regulatory framework and assisted clients with updating swap documentation and related credit support documentation to comply with the transitioning regulatory environment.
- Member of the American Bar Association, New York State Bar Association, South Carolina Bar Association and New York City Bar Association
- Society 1858, Gibbes Museum of Art, Charleston, SC, Member
- French-American Chamber of Commerce of the Carolinas, Member
- Habitat for Humanity, Volunteer
- Hope to Home Furniture Resource, Volunteer
- “New Times, Sans Times New Roman and the Ongoing Evolution of Contracts in the New Decade,” Presenter, Association of Corporate Counsel (South Carolina Chapter) Winter Meeting, Greenville, South Carolina, February 2020
- “Argentina’s Return to the Derivatives Market”, Panel Speaker, International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA), Buenos Aires, Argentina, December 2018
- The U.S. Margin Requirements: The Impact on Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVS) Used in Securitizations, Repackagings and Other Structured Products, The Journal on the Law of Investment & Risk Management Products: Futures & Derivatives Law Report, April 2017.