Lucas Nicolet-Serra is counsel at the firm's Singapore office. He is a member of the Mergers and Acquisitions practice group.
Lucas focuses on commercial, regulatory, and contractual work. Lucas has considerable experience dealing with a variety of complex and strategic agreements in various industry sectors, such as life sciences and fintech space. His core practice includes advising on complex commercial arrangements, post-M&A integration strategies, and sector-specific regulations, as well as cross border disputes in Europe, Africa, and Asia. His particular knowledge is around the legal, regulatory, and policy impacts on the emergence of fintech and health-tech companies. Lucas has been assisting clients on various blockchain projects in Asia and in Europe on the legal implications of digital assets, Web 3.0, non-fungible tokens (NFTs), and metaverse regulations.
Lucas has in-house counsel experience since he was seconded for several months to various clients.
Prior to joining the firm, Lucas was a supervising associate at an international legal practice in Paris and Singapore.
- Member of the French Chamber of Commerce in Singapore
- Member of the Singapore think-tank Live with AI and its Blockchain & Health working group (alongside Axa and Ocean Protocol)
- Member of the French Tech in Singapore
- Participated in Startup Outreach Brasil’s Individual Mentorship program supporting in the internationalization of Brazilian start-ups.
- Presentation at FrenchFounders on “Global trends of security tokens”
- “A Global Tour of Digital Assets Regulation - APAC,” 3 November 2021, AIMA
- Presentation at APAC Med webinar on “AI and the regulatory framework in Asia”
- Presentation at NTUS on “AI & Medical: ethical and legal implications”
- Webinars on data privacy in the context of COVID-19
- Presentation at the French Chamber of Commerce in Singapore on “M&A in times of COVID-19”
- Presentation at Seton Hall Asia-Pacific Healthcare Compliance Certificate Program on “Transparency in the Life Sciences industry”
- Presentation at the French Chamber of Commerce in Singapore on “Transparency in the Life Sciences industry”