Margaret Inouye is a corporate and securities lawyer whose practice emphasizes mergers, acquisitions, corporate governance, and financings. She regularly counsels the boards and management of publicly traded and privately held companies on a wide variety of corporate issues, including compliance and governance matters. Margaret has handled numerous complex transactions, including various structures of mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, auctions, management buyouts and securities financings. She has represented companies in a wide variety of industries including telecommunications, information technology, registered investment advisors, digital publishing, solid waste and apparel.
Margaret served as a law clerk for Hon. Charles Z. Smith, Washington State Supreme Court, from 1991-92.
Margaret was selected by her peers for inclusion in the 2007-2016, 2020 editions of The Best Lawyers in America® in the specialty of Corporate Law.
- Member, Asian Bar Association of Washington
- Board of Directors, Washington Women Lawyers, King County, 1993 - 94
- Board of Directors, Minority Clerkship Program, 1993 - 1998
- Board of Directors, Seattle Central Community College Foundation 2003 - 07
- Seattle Arts Commission, City of Seattle Office of Arts & Cultural Affairs (appointed by Mayor Greg Nickels) 2008 - present
- Board of Directors, Secretary, The 5th Avenue Musical Theater Company 2003 - present
- “Inside Voices/Outside Voices - What do CGs and Outside Counsel Want?,” 2014
- “Article 9 and the M&A Deal,” American Bar Association, 2005