Marisa Murillo is a partner in the firm’s Chicago office. She is a member of the Asset and Corporate Finance practice group, where she negotiates and documents complex finance transactions for commercial lending institutions, private and public companies, debt funds and private equity groups. Her practice focuses on secured and unsecured credit facilities, leveraged buyout financings, refinancings, commitment papers, subordination and intercreditor agreements, mezzanine loans, debt and equity restructurings, stimulus loans, lines of credit to private equity funds, art and other specialty collateral loans and general working capital facilities. Her finance deals have ranged in size from US$5 million to several billion dollars, encompassing a full spectrum of industries including manufacturing, automotive, retail, technology, consumer brands, health care, telecommunications, media, energy and professional services. Apart from her finance work, Marisa devotes time to many esteemed cultural organizations in the Midwest.
Prior to joining the firm, Marisa served as a partner at an international law firm, where she focused her practice on debt finance, corporate, private equity and venture capital, art law and energy. Additionally, she has acted as lead counsel to senior and mezzanine lenders and borrowers - especially in the middle market - in negotiating debt finance transactions, where she managed diverse legal teams to reach efficient and desirable outcomes for each client. Marisa also served as the lead in-house finance counsel at General Motors Company in Detroit where she advised the company on many high-profile transactions after its initial public offering.
- Selected for Notable Women in Law, Crain's Chicago Business, 2022
- Kayo Conference Series - Top 22 in '22: Leaders in Credit and Debt Finance
- Kayo Conference Series – Top 22 in ’11: Leaders in Credit and Debt Finance
- Board of Directors for MCA Women’s Board (present)
- Advisory Board for Gene Siskel Film Center (2019-present)
- Board of Directors for MOCAD (Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit) (2013-present)
- Member, Luminary Committee, Art Institute of Chicago (2017-present)
- Former Regional President, Hispanic National Bar Association
- Presenter, COVID-19 Legal Issues for Employers, Rossdale Seminars, 9 September 2021
- Moderator, Middle Market Outlook, Kayo Midwest Private Markets Forum, October 2021
- Moderator, Spinning Out: Shoshana Vernick, Avathon Capital, Kayo Midwest Private Markets Forum, October 2021
- Virtual Speaker, ESG Considerations for Financing Your Deal, American Law Institute Continuing Legal Education, 25 May 2022
- Moderator, Evolution of Structured Credit Market, Kayo Women’s Private Equity Summit, 14 June 2022
- Panelist/Speaker, ESG: Everything You Say Can and Will Be Used Against You, 42nd Annual Ray Garrett Jr. Corporate Securities Law & 61st Annual Corporate Counsel Institute, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, 22 September 2022