Mr. Pavlick concentrates his practice in labor and employment law, including representation of clients before the National Labor Relations Board and the National Mediation Board; collective bargaining; arbitrations conducted pursuant to labor contracts; union elections and campaigns; labor litigation under the National Labor Relations Act and the Railway Labor Act; minimum wage and overtime litigation under the Fair Labor Standards Act; employment discrimination litigation under the Civil Rights Acts of 1866, 1871, 1964 and 1991, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and the Americans with Disabilities Act; wrongful discharge litigation under state law; benefits litigation under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act; litigation of non-competition/confidentiality agreements; OSHA proceedings; unemployment compensation and other administrative hearings; and, client counseling on labor and employment issues.
Mr. Pavlick frequently speaks at seminars and classes on labor and employment issues, has contributed to employment-related newsletters, and has had several articles published in law reviews. Before joining the firm, Mr. Pavlick served as a full-time judicial clerk to a judge sitting on the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- Best Lawyers in America, 2012 Lawyer of the Year, Litigation - Labor & Employment Law - Pittsburgh
- Best Lawyers in America, Labor Law - Management, and Litigation - Labor and Employment, 2012 - current
- Allegheny County Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section)
- American Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section)
- President, Steel Valley Soccer Club Board of Directors (2018 PA West Volunteer of Year)
- President, Munhall Borough Parks and Recreation Board
- Board Member, Personnel Committee, Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy
- Workers Compensation, FMLA and ADA Laws, prepared for ADP Institute for Educational Excellence Seminar, 13 December 2001