Owen Chio is a partner in the firm’s Taipei office and a member of the oil, gas and resource practice group. His experience includes advising on cross-border M&As and investments, major projects and commercial matters, corporate compliance issues, and cross-border commercial disputes. Owen has been involved in some of the most significant deals for major MNCs and state-owned enterprises and acts for many MNCs on a long-term basis in their post-acquisition/investment corporate and commercial matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Owen was a partner / executive consultant and the Global Co-Head of the Compliance Practice of KPMG Law. Before then, he worked at Baker McKenzie for 15 years, including as a partner, Co-Chair of Corporate Compliance Practice, Deputy Chair of Foreign Investment Approval, and CSR Partner of the firm. Owen worked in the Hong Kong office of Linklaters before returning to Taiwan.
- DUB, The Honorable Society of Lincoln’s Inn, 1997
- Advanced Certificate in International Arbitration, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, 2018
- Chief writer of "Doing Business in Taiwan" published by CCH in 2012 and 2013.
- Chief writer of the Baker McKenzie publication in 2012: "Intellectual Property Guide Taiwan Section".
- Chief writer of the Baker McKenzie publication: "Mergers & Acquisitions Guide Taiwan Section" in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009.