Dr. Philipp Riedl is a partner in the firm’s Munich office with a focus on investment management. He assists clients regarding the structuring and documentation of regulated investments for both retail and institutional investors. These investments comprise structured and other debt financial instruments, securitization solutions, and fund vehicles.
In addition, he advises on the issuing, distribution and marketing of financial instruments, as well as on ongoing legal and transactional issues related to the law of negotiable instruments and investment law.
Another key area is legal guidance on derivatives and repurchase agreements (“repos”), particularly where national and international master agreements apply. He also assists in creating complex documentation for OTC transactions (“confirmation”), including swaps.
Furthermore, he supports clients in the context of registration and licensing procedures as well as other administrative procedures and interventions in the context of financial market supervision.
Philipp joined the firm in July 2016. He has been working as a lawyer for several years and extended his knowledge of the industry while being seconded to the capital law legal departments of two leading major German banks. Previously, he was an associate at an international business law firm in the areas of banking and capital markets at its Munich office.
- Specialist Lawyer for Tax Law (Fachanwalt für Steuerrecht), 2010
Philipp has been speaker at a number of client seminars and congresses, including Founders Forum, Frankfurt, April 2013 (on e-payment services).
- Discussion of decision by district court of Hamburg: Obligation of user to update prospectuses on an ongoing basis (Entscheidungsbesprechung: LG Hamburg: Permanente Aktualisierungspflicht von Prospekten durch Verwender (16.3.2018 – 330 O 591/15)), Recht der Finanzinstrumente (RdF), 2018, edition 4
- Commentary on German Investment Law (Frankfurter Kommentar zum Kapitalanlagerecht), Moritz/Klebeck/Jesch, §§ 2, 3, 282 and 284 KAGB, June 2016
- Impact of the Amended Transparency Directive on Position Reporting for Holdings in German Shares, Financier Worldwide, January 2016
- Outsourcing Rules a Challenge for German Managers of Real Estate Funds with Cross-Border Investments, risk & compliance, October–December 2015
- Transparency Requirements for Long and Short Positions in Germany – Pull Out your Calculator, risk & compliance, April–June 2015
- The Latest European Ruling on Short Sales (Die neue europaweite Regelung von Leerverkäufen), Recht der Finanzinstrumente (RdF), 2012, edition 3
- Private Debt Investments – Supervisory Aspects for Credit Investments by Non-Banks (Private Debt Investments – aufsichtsrechtliche Aspekte für Kreditinvestitionen durch Nichtbanken), AbsolutReport edition 05/2012
- Regarding Loss Participation by Reduction of the Profit Participation Capital and Suspension of the Yearly Interest Payment of Bank Participation Certificates (Zur Verlustteilnahme durch Verminderung des Genusskapitals und Aussetzung der jährlichen Zinszahlung bei Bankgenussschein), EWiR 2011, edition 18