Joseph Tseng is a corporate lawyer in the firm's Taipei office with broad experience in cross-border transactions in the Asia-Pacific region. His practice includes venture capital and private equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, fintech, and general corporate matters.
Joseph has represented a multitude of venture capital funds investing in the Asia-Pacific region and start-ups in equity and debt financing, and advised fintech companies to launch their services in Taiwan. He regularly advises on public and private mergers and acquisitions matters and business planning, including restructuring of businesses. He has also advised lead managers in initial public offerings and bond offerings. He has extensive experience in transactions in many industries, including semiconductor, distribution, software engineering, artificial intelligence, biotechnology, fintech, travel, and consumer.
Prior to joining the firm in 2012, Joseph practiced law at another Taiwanese law firm, where he focused on corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, and capital markets.
- “Mergers & Acquisitions Q&A: Taiwan”, The Legal 500 Country Comparative Guide (2021)
- “Comparative Study and Analysis on the Structure of Factoring and Taiwan’s Practice,” co-authored, from LCS & Partners publication “Practical Guide to Post-ECFA Finance Law,” ISBN 978-986-121-644-7, Shuchuan Publication, January 2011 (Chinese).
- “Legal Issues in Everyday Life,” co-authored, ISBN 978-986-121-637-9, Shuchuan Publication, December 2010 (Chinese).
- “Case Studies on Legal Affairs: Analysis on Corporate Financing,” co-authored, ISBN 978-986-654-029-5, Angle Publication, October 2008 (Chinese).
- “Professional Responsibilities of Underwriters, CPAs and Lawyers,” co-authored, Research Report, Securities and Futures Bureau of the Financial Supervisory Commission, December 2007 (Chinese).
- Mentioned, "Turn Capital’s Acquisition of Media Assets of Apple Daily Taiwan," Global Legal Chronicle, 13 July 2022