Roberto Podda is a partner in the firm’s Milan office and leads the Italian employment department. He focuses his practice on labor and employment matters with broad experience representing multinational companies and large Italian groups, particularly in the hotel & tourism, steel, automotive, pharmaceutical, fashion & luxury and new technologies industries. Roberto gained experience in assisting clients in all aspects of Italian labor law, including restructuring and reorganization of companies’ workforce, codes of conducts and company policies, incentive plans and MBOs, individual and collective dismissals, trade union relationships, collective agreements at a company level, Italian TUPE, employment agreements and agreements with free-lance consultants, non-competition and stability covenants, agency agreements, expatriates and national and international secondment, privacy and data protection. Support in due diligence activities and labor litigation are an integral part of Roberto’s expertise.
Prior to joining the firm, Roberto was a Partner of another law firm in Milan.
- Ranked by The Legal 500 EMEA for Employment (2023, 2022, 2021, 2020)
- Ranked by Leaders League for Labor & Employment - Litigation and Labor & Employment - Advisory (2022)
- Member, Association of the Italian Employment Lawyers (AGI)
- Member, European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA)
- Member, Employment Lawyers Association (ELA)
- Speaker at the national meeting of the YourGroup - Italian Fractional Managers Association in June 2023 (“Recent Legislation on Whistleblowing”)
- Speaker at the Mid-Year Conference of the New Jersey Bar Association in November 2013 (“The Italian Job: a look at employers’ and workers’ rights in Italy and the United States”)
- Speaker at the Associazione Italiana Giuristi d’Impresa conference in May 2014 (“The
relationship between in-house and external legal counsel in the international environment”)
- Speaker at Grande Stevens conference in June 2015 (“The reform of the Italian labour law”)
- Speaker at “Il Sole 24 Ore” conference in Ferrara, December 2015 (“The reform of the Italian labour law”)
- Author of “Reforming of the Italian labour market: the road to flexibility” in ELA Briefing, July 2015
- Speaker at “Il Sole 24 Ore” conference in Padua, March 2016 (“The reform of the Italian
- Speaker at “Il Sole 24 Ore” conference in Lecco, March 2016 (“The reform of the Italian labour law”)
- Speaker at “Il Sole 24 Ore” conference in S. M. Capua Vetere - November 2016 (“The rite Fornero: “check-up” after four years entry into force"
- Author of “Absences and dismissal due to poor performance”, in Guida al Lavoro, n. 46/2016
- Speaker at K&L Gates’ webinar – March 2017 (“International Best Practices for protecting against unfair competition”)
- Speaker at K&L Gates’ webinar – June 2017 (“EU Political Climate: employment law insights for global companies”)
- Speaker at K6L Gates conference in Milano - May 2018 (“Work on digital platforms”)
- Whistleblowing: a first handbook for companies - HR Online, 2 February 2023
- 26 October 2022, Roberto Podda was interviewed by LHH on the topic of dismissal for justified objective reasons. Here is the link to the article.
- 14 February 2022, Roberto Podda was interviewed by Il Sole 24 Ore on the disciplinary aspects of compulsory vaccination in the workplace. Here is the link to the article.
- Quoted, "In the legacy of the pandemic, restructuring and smart working," II Sole 24 Ore (Italy), 16 May 2022