Ryan Groshong is an associate in the Seattle office of K&L Gates, where he focuses his practice on labor and employment advice and litigation. He advises employers on a wide range of labor and employment issues, including hiring, discipline, termination, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, noncompetition, labor/management relations, and wage and hour matters. As an employment litigator, Ryan represents clients in state and federal courts and before federal, state, and local agencies. Ryan works with both private and public employers, including school districts and nonprofit organizations.
Ryan also litigates complex commercial disputes on behalf of clients in state and federal court, particularly in the areas of products liability and toxic tort defense. His experience includes taking depositions of both plaintiffs and fact witnesses, in addition to arguing numerous motions on behalf of clients.
Ryan maintains an active pro bono practice, including representing asylum-seekers and local nonprofit agencies.
Ryan was a summer associate at K&L Gates in 2010. During law school, he worked as a judicial extern for the Honorable Charles W. Johnson of the Washington State Supreme Court and as a legal extern for The Defender Association, where he represented clients in multiple phases of litigation, including trial. Ryan has also worked as a legal intern for the Mexican Capital Legal Assistance Program.
- Second place and regional qualifier in Seattle University In-House Mock Trial Competition (Spring 2010);
- Winner of Seattle University Bond Appellate Advocacy Competition (2010);
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards; Property – Fall 2008 and Spring 2009; Employment Discrimination – Fall 2010; Professional Responsibility – Spring 2011
- Chapter 3 “Commencement of Action,” Washington State Bar Association’s Civil Procedure Deskbook, 3rd ed., October 2014
- Chapter 11 “Signings and Draftings of Pleas, Motions, and Legal Memoranda: Sanctions,” Washington State Bar Association’s Civil Procedure Deskbook, 3rd ed., October 2014