Christopher Bellavia is a partner in the firm's Seattle office. He is a member of the corporate/M&A practice group. Chris has over 20 years of experience as a corporate, securities and transactional attorney working with companies at all stages of development in a variety of industries. Chris’ practice includes strategic and private equity M&A transactions (both sell-side and buy-side), general corporate advice, and drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts. Chris also represents startups and emerging growth companies on general corporate matters and seed and venture capital financings.
Additionally, Chris has significant experience advising private and public companies on corporate governance, securities disclosure and compliance issues, and he represents founders, investors and senior executives on general corporate and finance matters.
Chris has worked with companies in a number of industries including software and technology, consumer packaged goods, entertainment, shipping, forest and wood processing products, food and beverage, media and entertainment, and financial services.
Chris’ experience includes both senior executive-level in house legal work for public and venture-backed companies and work as a corporate, securities, and M&A lawyer for several other national law firms.
- Corporate Counsel of the Year Award Finalist, Puget Sound Business Journal
- Washington State Bar Association
- Business Law Section of the WSBA
- Advisory Board Member, Sammamish Community YMCA
- Judge at the 2021 Dempsey Startup Competition organized by the Buerk Center for Entrepreneurship at the University of Washington
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, First-Year Law Student Mentor, 2020-2021 /li>
- Moderator and Panelist at the Association for Corporate Growth Seattle Chapter Monthly Meeting: COVID’s Impact on M&A Deals - What’s Changed and What’s Here to Stay?
- Speaker at The Seminar Group 19th Annual CLE Bootcamp: Corporate and Business Law Admid a Pandemic
- Speaker at E8 Angels Convertible Notes Term Sheets Webinar
- Speaker and Panelist at National Association of Corporate Directors Northwest Chapter Dealing with Activist Investors: Perspectives for Independent Directors Program
- Speaker and Panelist at Seattle Women Corporate Directors Quarterly Meeting: Shareholder Activism and Proxy Contests
- Guest Lecturer at University of Washington Foster School of Business: Shareholder Activism Graduate Student Program