Christopher Bellavia is a partner in the firm’s Seattle office. He is a member of the corporate/M&A practice group.
Chris has over 20 years of experience as a corporate, securities, and M&A attorney and business executive working with companies at all stages of development in a variety of industries.
Prior to joining K&L Gates, Chris was general counsel and corporate secretary at Bulletproof 360, Inc., a venture-backed consumer packaged goods and lifestyle-brand company. Previously, he served as senior vice president, general counsel, and corporate secretary at Fisher Communications, Inc., a NASDAQ-listed broadcast media, news, and entertainment company, and was a first vice president, assistant general counsel, and securities and M&A attorney at Washington Mutual, Inc., former NYSE-listed Fortune 100 financial services company. Chris began his career in private practice, working as a corporate, securities, and M&A lawyer for several national law firms.
- Corporate Counsel of the Year Award Finalist, Puget Sound Business Journal
- Washington State Bar Association
- Business Law Section of the WSBA
- Past Vice President and Director, Sammamish Little League
- Speaker and Panelist at National Association of Corporate Directors Northwest Chapter Dealing with Activist Investors: Perspectives for Independent Directors Program
- Speaker and Panelist at Seattle Women Corporate Directors Quarterly Meeting: Shareholder Activism and Proxy Contests
- Guest Lecturer at University of Washington Foster School of Business: Shareholder Activism Graduate Student Program