Raymond Pepe has a varied practice that includes the representation of clients before a wide variety of state agencies, particularly involving adjudicative, regulatory and government affairs matters, as well as general corporate representation and litigation. His clients include financial institutions, public utilities, health care providers, real estate developers and non-profit associations. His practice focuses on the regulation of financial institutions, legislative and regulatory analysis and advocacy, state and local taxation, unclaimed property, political action committee regulation, lobbying registration and reporting, professional licensure, environmental regulation, and government contracts.
Prior to beginning the private practice of law in 1986, Raymond served as legislative and regulatory counsel to former Pennsylvania Governor Dick Thornburgh, Executive Director of the Pennsylvania Tax Commission, Director of the Governor’s Office of Regulatory Relief, as a member-designee for the Governor’s General Counsel on the Pennsylvania Board of Finance and Revenue, counsel to the Pennsylvania House Republican Floor Leader, and as an economic consultant.
Since 1983, Raymond has served as a Pennsylvania delegate to the Uniform Law Commission pursuant to successive appointments by Governor’s Thornburgh, Casey, Ridge and the President Pro Tempore of the Pennsylvania Senate. As a Uniform Law Commissioner, he has chaired committees developing uniform asset forfeiture, emergency health care, and notarial laws; served a member of the 1995 and 2016 committee updating the Uniform Unclaimed Property Act and on drafting committees that prepared the Uniform Directed Trust Act, the Uniform Consumer Leasing Act and that proposed repeal of Article 6 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
In 2015 and 2016, Raymond served on the PA Supreme Court’s Task Force on Elder Protection Law.
- 2010 Distinguished Services Award of the PA Bar Association for Pro Bono Efforts to Enact Uniform Laws in Pennsylvania
- American, Pennsylvania, and Dauphin County Bar Associations
- Former Member Board of Directors of the Capitol Region Chapter of the American Red Cross
- Unclaimed Property Professionals Organization
- Harrisburg Rotary Club
- Penn State Agriculture Extension Service Master Gardeners Program
- Opportunities Presented by the Uniform Emergency Health Practitioner Act to respond to COVID-19 staff shortages, Federation of State Medical Boards, 21 September 2021
- “Property Assessed Clean Energy Equipment Financing in Pennsylvania: Proceed with Caution,” PA Bankers Association, 2019
- “Major Changes To Pennsylvania Arbitration Law To Take Effect July 1, 2019,” Pennsylvania Bar Association, April 2019
- "Changes to PA Law Affecting Real Estate Transactions," PA Bar Institute 2018 Real Estate Institute, 7 December 2018
- "Pennsylvania Financial Institutions Sales Tax Update," PA Bankers Association CFO Conference, 5 November 2018
- "Pennsylvania Adopts Revised Uniform Arbitration Act," Philadelphia Legal Intelligencer, 6 July 2018
- "The Implications of Legislative Inaction to Address Issues Relating to Priority Disputes Between Open-End Mortgages and Mechans Liens," paBanker, Official Magazine of the Pennsylvania Banker's Association, Vol. 14.6., November-December 2012
- "Voluntarism in the Wake of Hurricane Katrina: The Uniform Emergency Volunteer Health Practitioners Act," Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness, July 2007
- "Determining the Priority of Competing Claims to Collateral in the Revised Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code," Prepared for Lorman Education Services’ Revised Uniform Commercial Code Seminar, 9 November 2001
- "Ten Steps to Ease the Transition: Revised Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code," The Pennsylvania Banker, July 2001
- "Changes in Filing Requirements for Financing Statements in the Revised Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code," Prepared for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute’s Revised UCC Article 9 Program, 11, 23, 30 May 2001
- "Non-Uniform and Unique Provisions: Pennsylvania Amendments to Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code," Presented at Pennsylvania Association of Community Bankers Attorneys’ Clinic, 19 March 2001
- "Summary of Amendments to Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code, Report to the Pennsylvania Senate Banking and Insurance Committee," Prepared for the UCC Task Force of the Business Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, 3 January 2001