Tsuguhito Omagari is experienced in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity, domestic and international joint ventures, investment into Japan and by Japanese companies overseas, private investment in public entities (PIPEs), real estate investment transactions, aviation finance, investment management, banking and securities regulations, class share issuance, general corporate, litigation, and dispute resolution.
He has acted for domestic and international banks, private equity firms, manufacturing companies in various industries, securities firms, and real estate asset managers.
He has completed secondments at a financial institution and an international cosmetic brand company where he worked on a number of corporate, finance, securities-related, and commercial transactions.
Tsuguhito was admitted in Japan in 2002. Prior to joining the firm, he was with a UK based international law firm (in Tokyo (2002-2006 and 2008-2011), in London (2007-2008) and in Hong Kong (2008) and a domestic law and patent firm, during which he experienced the full-time secondment to the retail banking division of a major Japanese bank (2004-2005) and the part-time secondment to the legal department of the Japanese subsidiary of a foreign cosmetics company (2009).
- The Best Lawyers™ in Japan - Corporate and Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2021–2022)
- Lectured on "Foreign Exchange Law and Revision of CFIUS" at "International Trade Law Study Group" meeting, The Japanese Institute of International Business Law, Inc., February 28, 2020.
- “Rapid Enactment of the Amendment Bill of the Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act” NBL No. 1160, co-authored, December 2019.
- “Review Points regarding European Business to cope with Brexit” NBL No. 1081, co-authored, September 2016.
- “The Impacts of the U.S. Investment Company Act of 1940 on Businesses of Japanese Operating Companies – in light of various capital-raising and borrowing activities in the U.S.,” Jyunkan Shoji Homu No.2069, co-authored, June 2015.
- “Proposed Amendments to Japan’s Fund Regulatory Framework Include Dramatic Changes for Non-Japanese Funds,” Bloomberg BNA World Securities Law Report, Vol. 21, No.5, May 2015.
- “Global Government Solutions® 2015 Annual Outlook,” K&L Gates Publication, April 2015
- "License Regulations under Japanese Law concerning Securities of Funds Issued Overseas" Shoji Homu No.1989, co-authored, February 2013
- "Case Study on Financial Instruments and Exchange Law" Jiyu Kokumin Sha, co-authored, June 2009