Amanda Darling is registered in California as a Foreign Legal Consultant and is a Solicitor of the Senior Court of England and Wales. She is not currently admitted in New York.
Amanda Darling is a partner based primarily in the firm’s Orange County office. For more than a decade Amanda’s practice has focused on asset and project finance (with an emphasis on aircraft, shipping, and space). Amanda has represented a broad range of clients such as leasing companies, trading houses, airlines, shipping companies, borrowers, international banks, and financial institutions and has a wealth of experience working on cross-border transactions.
Amanda may render professional legal advice on the law of England and Wales. However she may not render advice with respect to the law of the State of New York, State of California, any other state of the United States or the District of Columbia, United States.
Amanda is registered as a Foreign Legal Consultant in California.
Prior to joining K&L Gates in 2015, Amanda worked in the asset finance and project finance practices of global law firms in Tokyo, Singapore, and London. She has experience drafting, negotiating, and reviewing documentation in connection with financing, security, intercreditor arrangements, shipbuilding contracts, common terms agreements, purchase agreements, aircraft component financing and leasing, charters, O&M contracts, portfolio purchases, and leasing in support of the aviation and shipping industries. She also has experience assisting lenders, lessors, lessees, owners, airlines, shipping companies, and energy providers on a range of financing, leasing, sale and purchase and restructuring transactions.
- Recognized by The Legal 500 United States as a Recommended Lawyer for Aviation and Air Travel - Finance, 2023
- Ranked Top Three Law Firm Globally for Aviation Finance by Airfinance Journal's Guide to Aviation Lawyers, 2020-2022
- Led the Team awarded Editor’s Tax Lease Deal of the Year Asia, Airfinance Journal, 2022
- Led the Team awarded Asia-Pacific Overall Deal of the Year, Airline Economics Aviation 100, 2022
- Advised on Asia-Pacific Debt Deal of the Year, Airline Economics Aviation 100, 2022
- Recognized by Women in Business Law, Expert Guides, 2022
- Advised on Bank Loan Deal of the Year, Airfinance Journal, 2021
- Advised on Aviation 100 Global Leaders Awards 'Overall Deal of the Year (& Americas M&A Deal of the Year)', 2020
- Led the Team awarded North America Deal of the Year, Airfinance Journal, 2019
- Advised on Bank Loan Deal of the Year, Airfinance Journal, 2019
- Ranked Top Law Firm by Airfinance Journal in JOLs, JOLCOs, and Structured Leases, 2017-2022
- Listed as a JOLCO specialist in Japan by The Legal 500 Asia‐Pacific
- Listed as a “Rising Star” by Airfinance Journal, 2017
- England and Wales Law Society
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Queensland Law Society
- “SPACs in Space” SatMagazine, by SatNews, April 2021
- “Drone Operations Near U.S. Airports and Commercial Aircraft,” New York City Bar - Committee on Aeronautics Newsletter Volume 2, No. 4, Spring 2018