Amy Carnevale is a government affairs advisor in the firm’s Boston and Washington, D.C. offices. Her practice focuses on implementing a variety of advocacy strategies to advance client objectives in the fields of healthcare policy, labor and employee benefit issues, and economic development. She has also worked extensively on natural resources and energy policy issues. In these efforts, Amy provides both legislative and regulatory advice. She leads policy campaigns that include lobbying, coalition building, and third party advocacy.
Prior to joining the firm, Amy was chief of staff to a Northwest Member of Congress who served on the House Appropriations Committee. She managed all aspects of the office and was the Congressman’s top advisor for all political and policy matters. Prior to becoming chief of staff, Amy served as legislative director and legislative assistant in the same Congressional office. In this capacity, she was responsible for a wide range of issues, including appropriations, natural resources, energy, housing, health care, labor, education, banking, budget, and taxes. Amy also has prior experience at a Washington, DC-based think tank, and worked in the George H.W. Bush Administration at both the White House and the Office of National Drug Control Policy.
Amy is an elected member of the Massachusetts Republican State Committee and serves on the State Party’s Executive Committee. She was an elected Trump delegate to the 2016 Republican Convention and served on the Platform Committee at the Convention. Amy was also selected one of 11 electors for Donald Trump for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Amy was appointed in 2017 by Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker to serve on the Governor’s Commission on Intellectual Disability.
- Member, Governor’s Commission on Intellectual Disability
- Board Member, Special Education Parents Advisory Committee
- American Council of Young Political Leaders (ACYPL)
- New England Council
- House Chiefs of Staff Association (organization of former U.S. House chiefs of staff)
- Republicans Associated for Mutual Support (organization of current and former Republican chiefs of staff, agency heads and staff directors)
- 302(b)s (organization of former Professional Appropriations Committee staff)
- “’SWOT for Lobbying’ - Lobbying in the Age of Social Media”, Professional Women in Advocacy and Women in Government Relations, October 9, 2018, Washington, D.C.
- "Presidential Debate Forum,” John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum, October 18, 2016, Boston, MA.
- "Presidential Debate on Health Care Issues,” Columbia University Medical Center, September 26, 2016, New York, NY.
- "Getting to Know You: How to Network with Your Federal Officials," International Economic Development Council 2006 Economic Development Summit, March 20, 2006, Washington, D.C.
- "Networking with Your Federal Officials," International Economic Development Council 2005 Economic Development Summit, March 14, 2005, Washington, D.C.