Brent Williams concentrates his practice on corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, private equity/venture capital transactions, cross-border transactions, de-SPAC transactions, and private and public offerings of preferred and common stock.
Brent represents both strategic and financial buyers and sellers, equity investors and issuers of equity. He also advises clients on general corporate matters, business formation, corporate governance, and commercial contracts.
Brent has worked with clients from a variety of industries, including automotive, financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, technology, food and beverage, agribusiness, sports, and mining, in North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia.
Prior to practicing at K&L Gates, Brent was a corporate associate in the Chicago office of an international law firm, where he concentrated on mergers and acquisitions, securities, and general corporate matters.
Chicago Bar Association
American Bar Association
- Cycle for Survival, Chicago - Team Captain of Soul Survivor (2011 - present)
- “Special Issues Involved in Acquiring Divisions or Subsidiaries of Larger Companies” - Practising Law Institute’s Acquiring or Selling the Privately Held Company, Chicago, Illinois (June 6, 2019, June 7, 2018, May 17, 2017, June 1, 2016 & May 20, 2015)
- Panel Speaker on “Hot Topics in Legal Due Diligence” - Robert Bosch M&A Due Diligence Workshop, Chicago, Illinois (December 8, 2017)
- Carveouts - M&A in 2020 Series (October 19, 2020)
- Mentioned, "4 Firms Rep As Satellite Biz D-Orbit Goes Public In $1.3B Deal," Law360, 27 January 2022.