Cecilia Ehresman is an associate in the firm’s Charleston office. She is a member of the Labor, Employment, and Workplace Safety practice group. Cecilia represents clients in federal and state courts and before administrative agencies in a wide range of complex employment disputes, including claims arising under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Occupational Safety and Health Act, including but not limited to allegations concerning COVID-19, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, and disputes involving restrictive covenants.
Cecilia also regularly counsels employers on all aspects of the employment relationship, including sensitive terminations, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, leave and disability issues, and compliance with various state and federal employment laws, including wage and hour compliance. Within this compliance role, Cecilia also assists clients with the drafting of various employment materials, including employment contracts, policies and procedures, employee handbooks, severance agreements, and non-compete agreements.
Prior to joining the firm, Cecilia served as an associate at a top 100 U.S. law firm, where she focused her practice on labor and employment. Through this role, Cecilia represented clients in a wide range of industries across the nation, such as large medical institutions, media, entertainment and hospitality, and institutions of higher education. Cecilia acted as lead associate in employment-related litigations across various federal and state courts and administrative agencies, and provided counseling on nationwide and local personnel policies, procedures, and issues.
- Listed in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America for Litigation-Labor and Employment (2024)
- St. John's University School of Law
- Recipient of the Award for Excellence in Labor and Employment Law
- Executive Research Editor, American Bankruptcy Institute Journal
- President, Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Society
- Member, Women's Law Society; Intellectual Property Law Society
- The Catholic University of America
- University Scholar
- Phi Betta Kappa
- Phi Eta Signma National Honors Society
- Psi Chi International Honors Society for Psychology
- Psi Sigma Tau International Honors Society for Philosophy
- “Overview: Deemed Exports - Hiring and Employing ‘Foreign’ Employees, and CIFUS Filing Obligations,” South Carolina Association of Corporate Counsel, 14 September 2023