Chris Nikou has acted for major Australian and international companies and works closely with his clients, taking the time to understand their businesses and provide them with sound guidance and advice.
Chris has acted in numerous merger and acquisition matters from detailed due diligence enquiries, asset and share sale agreements, joint ventures and contract negotiations. He also provides commercial advice on franchising and intellectual property issues and has been involved in expanding a number of Australia’s best known brand names both locally and overseas. He also has considerable experience in the automotive industry having acted for numerous dealers and suppliers.
- Recognised in Legal 500 Asia Pacific for Corporate and M&A, 2017
- Listed in The Best Lawyers for Private Equity Law (2014 – 2016), Franchising Law (2013 – 2016) and Intellectual Property Law (2016 - 2016).
- Named the Best Lawyers ® 2016 Franchising Law "Lawyer of the Year" in Melbourne.
- Harvard Business School course in leadership in professional service firms, 2012.
- Director, Football Federation Australia (FFA)
- Melbourne Renegades T20 Cricket Director
- Buying out your Competitor, 2008
- "Australia" International Franchising, Centre for International Legal Studies, 2010-2017