Chris Nikou has acted for major Australian and international companies and works closely with his clients, taking the time to understand their businesses and provide them with sound guidance and advice.
Chris has acted in numerous merger and acquisition matters from detailed due diligence enquiries, asset and share sale agreements, joint ventures and contract negotiations. He also provides commercial advice on franchising and intellectual property issues and has been involved in expanding a number of Australia’s best known brand names both locally and overseas. He also has considerable experience in the automotive industry having acted for numerous dealers and suppliers.
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in Australia™ for Sports Law (2023-present)
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in Australia™ for Corporate Law (2021-present)
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in Australia™ for Intellectual Property Law (2017-present)
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in Australia™ for Private Equity Law (2014-present)
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in Australia™ for Franchise Law (2013-present)
- Best Lawyers in Australia™, listed as 'Lawyer of the Year' for Franchising Law (2016 and 2019)
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific, recognised for Corporate and M&A (2017-2019)
- Harvard Business School course in leadership in professional service firms, 2012
- Chairman, Football Australia
- Previous Director, Melbourne Renegades T20 Cricket
- "Australia" International Franchising, Centre for International Legal Studies, JURIS, 1st through to 8th editions, 2010-2017
- Buying out your Competitor, 2008