David also advises clients regarding cybersecurity and data protection matters including assessing and identifying risks, protecting information systems, and preparing responses for breaches including compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
His health care practice includes counseling physicians, physician groups, and other health care entities on a variety of legal matters, including regulatory compliance, telemedicine and e-health issues, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement issues, HIPAA, licensure matters, and compliance with federal and state fraud and abuse laws, including the federal Anti-Kickback Statute and its safe harbors, the Stark law and its exceptions, and state self-referral and fraud and abuse laws. David has represented a broad range of health care clients including diagnostic imaging facilities, specialty pharmacies, compressed medical gas manufacturers, clinical laboratories, community mental health centers, physician networks, and physician groups.
David joined K&L Gates in 2006. Prior to joining K&L Gates, David was in-house counsel for a large medical group in Fort Lauderdale. David was also previously an associate in the International Tax Services group of PricewaterhouseCoopers and is fluent in Armenian.
- Finalist, “Top Dealmaker of the Year” 2015 - South Florida Daily Business Review
- Named “Top Dealmaker of the Year, Corporate Finance” - South Florida Daily Business Review, 2011
- 2011 Honoree, 40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of Miami-Dade County, benefitting the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Listed in Florida SuperLawyers as a “Rising Star” (one of the Top Young Lawyers in Florida) for 2010
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Florida Bar Association (Health Law Section)
- Dade County Bar Association
- "Doing Business in the United States" presented at the Bolivian Trade Mission 2009, co-sponsored by the Bolivian-American Chamber of Commerce, AeroSur, the Visit USA Committee, and the U.S. Embassy in Bolivia