Insurance Opportunities for Asset Managers and Institutional Investors
This session is the first in a continuing series of webinars discussing the opportunities presented for asset managers and institutional investors from, the intersection of asset management and insurance.
Topics Covered Include
- Overview of the relative US federal income taxation of insurance and investment products
- Overview of the regulation of insurance markets and the resulting inability of asset managers to participate directly in them
- Resulting areas of insurance of interest to asset managers and institutional investors
- Variable annuities/registered products
- Insurance Dedicated Funds/private products
- Direct and indirect investments in property and casualty insurance
This publication/newsletter is for informational purposes and does not contain or convey legal advice. The information herein should not be used or relied upon in regard to any particular facts or circumstances without first consulting a lawyer. Any views expressed herein are those of the author(s) and not necessarily those of the law firm's clients.