Marian is a special counsel in our Corporate practice group in the Melbourne office.
She focuses her practice on commercial contract preparation and negotiation, mergers, acquisitions and disposals and other transactional advice across a broad variety of industry sectors, including sports and entertainment, consumer products and services, manufacturing and logistics.
Marian has extensive experience advising on a broad range of commercial agreements including consumer terms and conditions, licensing, sponsorship, naming rights, manufacturing, services, supply, facility management, warehousing, transport and distribution agreements. She also regularly advises on all aspects of trade promotions, including development of terms and conditions, applications for permits and review of marketing materials.
Before starting her legal career, Marian gained over five years of experience in highly regulated and complex organisations, including at Australia Post and Tatts Group Limited. As an Enterprise Risk Manager at Australia Post, she was responsible for group-wide regulatory compliance reporting and developing incident management frameworks for Australia Post and its subsidiaries.
Building upon her corporate experience, she completed an MBA (focusing on strategy and economics) from Melbourne Business School and graduated on the Dean's List.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Australia, listed in Corporate Law (2023)
- Received the Melbourne Business School Foundation Award of Distinction (Dean's List) in 2016
- Received the Melbourne Business School Dean's Commendation Award for Implementation of Strategy and Decision Making in 2016
- 2015 Intel-Melbourne Business School 'Internet of Things' Case Competition 2nd Prize Winner
- Received the Australia Post Corporate & Commercial Services Business Unit Award for Accountability in 2014
- Received the Leo Cussen Centre for Law Advocacy Award with Distinction in 2013
Marian regularly presents to clients on a range of topics relevant to corporate and commercial law.