Marian Ngo is a senior associate in our corporate practice group in the Melbourne office. She focuses her practice on contract preparation and negotiation, mergers, acquisitions and disposals and other transactional advice across a broad variety of industry sectors, including manufacturing, logistics, automotive and retail.
Marian is experienced in advising on a broad range of commercial matters, including distribution and logistics arrangements, strategic alliances (such as sponsorship and joint venture arrangements) and Australian Consumer Law compliance (for example, advising national and international businesses on their consumer facing processes).
Before starting her legal career, Marian gained over five years of experience in highly regulated and complex organisations, including at Australia Post and Tatts Group Limited. As an Enterprise Risk Manager at Australia Post, she was responsible for group-wide regulatory compliance reporting and developing incident management frameworks for Australia Post and its subsidiaries. Building upon her corporate experience, she completed an MBA (focusing on strategy and economics) from Melbourne Business School and graduated on the Dean's List.
- Received the Melbourne Business School Foundation Award of Distinction (Dean's List) in 2016
- Received the Melbourne Business School Dean's Commendation Award for Implementation of Strategy and Decision Making in 2016
- 2015 Intel-Melbourne Business School 'Internet of Things' Case Competition 2nd Prize Winner
- Received the Australia Post Corporate & Commercial Services Business Unit Award for Accountability in 2014
- Received the Leo Cussen Centre for Law Advocacy Award with Distinction in 2013
Marian regularly presents to clients on a range of topics relevant to corporate and commercial law.