Melissa Yates is an associate in the firm’s Charleston office. She is a member of the Commercial Disputes practice group. As a member of this group, Melissa represents a diverse group of clients in a variety of litigation matters including commercial, financial services, trade secret misappropriation, product liability, health care, and employment disputes.
Prior to joining the firm, Melissa served as an associate at a regional civil litigation law firm in Charleston, South Carolina. As part of this practice, Melissa worked on over 60 litigation and arbitration cases involving general liability, insurance coverage, professional malpractice, construction defect, and product liability. Melissa represented architects, engineers, contractors, design professionals, accountants, and other corporate and individual clients in such matters.
Additionally, Melissa served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Richard M. Gergel of the United States District Court of South Carolina, a law clerk to the Office of University Counsel at the University of Virginia, and a law clerk to the Commonwealth Attorney’s Office in Lynchburg, Virginia.
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Charleston County Bar Association
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association (SCWLA)
- Junior League of Charleston
- Bridges of Hope
- The Women’s College, University of Sydney, 2013 (Study Abroad)
- “Statistical Sampling and Extrapolation,” American Bar Association, 28 December 2022