Stephanie Wright Pickett is a partner focusing on employment law and employment litigation in the public and private sectors. She is an experienced counselor and advises clients regarding a wide range of employment issues, including wage and hour payment and compliance, hiring, worker classification, incentive compensation, leave, discipline, termination, privacy rights, workforce restructuring, and personnel policies.
Stephanie has extensive experience working on the employment aspects of business transactions, including mergers, asset purchases, and spin-offs, and has worked on over 200 potential or closed transactions. This depth of experience has allowed Stephanie to hone a practical and business-focused insight into employment issues and their interplay with significant business concerns.
As a litigator, Stephanie has represented businesses and public entities in individual cases and class actions, including cases involving wage and hour issues, discrimination, harassment, worker classification, wrongful termination, theft of trade secrets, violations of non-competition agreements, and breaches of contract.
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in America® since 2017
- Named to the Washington Super Lawyers Rising Star list (2005-2012)
- Member, Washington State Bar Association, Litigation and Employment Sections
- Member, King County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- Time Off: State and Federal Laws on Employee Leave, Vacations and Holidays in Washington, Labor and Employment Presentation, 15 January 2008
- “The legal minefield of hybrid and remote work,” Puget Sound Business Journal, September 2022
- “'There are so many layers to this': Liability concerns to keep in mind as you plan corporate events,” Puget Sound Business Journal, February 2021
- “Liability concerns to consider when reopening your business amid Covid-19,” Puget Sound Business Journal, August 2020