Stephen Page is a partner at the firm's Nashville office and is a member of the Health Care and FDA practice group.
Stephen has advised a myriad of clients across the health care industry such as telemedicine companies, digital health companies, hospital systems, ambulatory surgery centers, and health care investors. He works with clients on strategic and operational matters including compliance issues related to patient privacy and data security, corporate practice of medicine, Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse, and physician self-referral prohibitions.
Stephen has also served as in-house legal counsel to two investor owned health care companies based in Nashville, Tennessee with operations across the United States
He has considerable experience assisting health care clients with matters concerning digital health, telemedicine, and offering practical and strategic advice across various regulatory areas.
With respect to data privacy and security, Stephen has assisted clients with:
- Creating HIPAA compliance programs,
- HIPAA security assessments,
- HIPAA privacy and security training materials,
- Negotiation of data ownership rights,
- Responding to federal and state privacy investigations,
- Assessing security incidents and data breach reporting under HIPAA and state laws,
- Creating and negotiating information security addendums,
- Creating and negotiating HIPAA business associate agreements, HIPAA downstream subcontractor agreements and data use agreements,
- Advising clients on HIPAA structuring consideration relating to organized health care arrangements and affiliated covered entity relationships,
- Compliance with HIPAA on de-identification of data and data mining,
- Negotiating both buy and sell side representations and warranties relating to privacy and data security and due diligence,
- Day to day HIPAA compliance questions, and
- While in-house, Stephen served on the company’s HIPAA compliance committee.
Prior to joining the firm, Stephen served as a partner at a U.S. law firm where he advised corporate legal teams, compliance counsel, and development officers throughout the health care industry. He has nearly a decade of in-house legal experience at investor-owned health systems, and has dedicated more than 15 years in private practice focused exclusively on health care.
- Member, Nashville, Tennessee, and American Bar Associations
- Member, Business and Health Law Sections of the American Bar Association
- Member, Health Law Section of the Tennessee Bar Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, Health Information and Technology Section of the American Health Lawyers Association