Eric Freedman represents a wide variety of clients, in both the private and public sectors, on energy and electric utility law issues. His practice emphasizes energy, utilities and infrastructure transactional matters such as the preparation and negotiation of agreements relating to power project and other infrastructure development, mergers and acquisitions, alliances and joint ventures, power purchases and sales, natural gas purchases and sales, commodity derivatives transactions, renewable energy credits and certificates transactions, carbon removal purchase transactions, emissions reduction transactions, electric and gas transmission, and energy services. His practice also includes counseling concerning commercial, regulatory, risk management, contracting and contract interpretation issues.
- Chambers USA - Washington, Energy & Natural Resources, Band 1 (2024)
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America®, Energy Law (2012-2024)
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America®, Utilities Law (2018-2024)
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America®, Environmental Law (2020-2024)
- Named 2020 Seattle Energy Law Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers in America®
Research Student, Peterhouse, Cambridge University, 1976-77