Nick Froio is a partner in the firm’s Wilmington office, and his practice concentrates on alternative entities and general commercial and financing transactions.
Nick focuses primarily on organizational, structural, operational, management and governance issues relating to alternative entities, such as statutory trusts, general and limited partnerships, limited liability companies and special purpose corporations. This includes their utilization in a wide range of domestic and cross-border structured finance transactions, securitizations, special purpose/bankruptcy remote structures, and other commercial transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, venture capital, private equity and hedge fund transactions, equipment and project financing transactions, leverage lease transactions, trust preferred securities transactions, aircraft financing transactions, collateralized loan obligations, structured settlement transactions, insurance premium financing transactions and life settlement transactions. He also provides advice in structuring and restructuring matters involving alternative entities.
Nick's practice also includes representing financial institutions, trust companies and service providers in all types of commercial and financing transactions. This includes their serving in various roles such as owner trustee, trustee, indenture trustee, collateral agent, custodian, escrow agent, securities intermediary, paying agent, servicer, back-up servicer, local manager and independent director.
Additionally, Nick frequently provides advice and third party legal opinions on issues relating to Delaware entities, the perfection of security interests under the Delaware Uniform Commercial Code and other matters of Delaware law.
Nick serves on the Delaware State Bar Association's Statutory Trust Committee, which is a small and prestigious committee responsible for drafting Delaware's renowned statutory trust statute.
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in Public Finance Law
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2020-2023 for work in Securitization and Structured Finance Law
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016-2023 for work in Corporate Law
- Named as a leading practitioner in Delaware in the Alternative Entities subcategory of Corporate/M&A in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, one of the most respected legal rankings in the world
- Delaware State Bar Association: Statutory Trust Committee, Corporation Law Section; Commercial Law Section