Sacha Cheong is a partner in the firm's Hong Kong office. He has practised in Hong Kong since 2001 and focuses on litigation before the Hong Kong courts, international arbitration, and mediation.
His practice covers a broad range of areas, including complex commercial cases, white collar crime, employment, and construction/infrastructure. He has also been involved in various anti-trust/competition matters and anti-corruption investigations, as well as environmental and telecommunication disputes.
Sacha is dually qualified in law and civil engineering. He achieved the status of Chartered Civil Engineer in 2000 and worked on a number of prominent construction projects in Hong Kong between 1994 and 1998.
Sacha has tutored on the Associate Member entry course for admission to the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. This course provides applicants with a basic knowledge of arbitration practice and procedure.
- “Trade sanctions”, co-presented with Alix Partners at the C-Integrity conference in May 2019.
- “Mediation”, presented in November 2018.
- “Drafting arbitration clauses”, presented in October 2018.
- “Identifying, avoiding and managing risks in a project life cycle”, presented in October 2017.
- “Art and Law”, co-presented with Hong Kong Arts Centre at Art Basel in March 2017.
- “Global Boardroom Risks Solutions, Circles of Influence: Liabilities and Responsibilities”, presented in March 2017.
- “Employee Terminations: Global Differences and the Issues that Arise”, presented in August 2016.
- “Global Employee Solutions in a Digitalised World “, presented in July 2016
- “Managing legal risks and developing an effective compliance program”, presented in April 2016.
- “Legal risk management and competition law”, presented to the Chinese Manufacturers’ Association of Hong Kong in March 2016.
- “Reconcilable differences? PRC employment law considerations, anti-corruption investigations and Hong Kong perspectives”, presented in December 2014.
- “Force majeure, time, liquidated damages, variations and claims for additional expenditure”, presented in December 2012.
- “Mediation lawyering: How lawyers can make the most out of mediation”, presented to Law Lectures for Practitioners in October 2012.
- “Mediation,” presented in July 2012.
- “Enforcement of specific arbitration awards (Convention/non-Convention/PRC),” presented in February 2011.
- “Enforcement of Arbitration Awards,” presented in January 2011.
- “Hong Kong: An increasingly attractive jurisdiction for dispute resolution,” presented in August 2009.
- “Proceeds of crime and bribery – Hong Kong and PRC regulations,” presented in December 2008.
- “Basics of contract law,” presented to the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers in August 2008.
- “Construction delays – The legal analysis,” presented to the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers in July 2008.
- “Features of the Proposed Amendments to the High Court Rules”, featured cover article in Hong Kong Lawyer, August 2006.