Tom Wallace is a partner in the corporate and transactional practice group.
Tom advises on a broad range of transactions, including public and private fundraisings, public and private acquisitions, joint ventures and private equity and venture capital investments.
Tom has experience acting for leading global corporations, capital markets participants and ambitious mid-market and emerging high-growth companies in a range of sectors, including, in particular, financial services and technology. In particular, Tom leverages K&L Gates's global platform to advise high-growth technology businesses on raising capital and expanding their businesses globally.
Tom is recognised by The Legal 500 United Kingdom 2023 and 2024 for M&A: lower mid-market deals and notes his niche experience in fintech-driven matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Tom worked in the legal department of Ashanti Goldfields Corporation in Accra, Ghana.
Tom qualified as a lawyer in 2006.
- Recognised by The Legal 500 United Kingdom edition as a Recommended Lawyer for M&A: lower mid-market deals, £100m-£750m in London, 2024
- Recognised by The Legal 500 United Kingdom edition as a Recommended Lawyer for M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m in London, 2023
Tom has given pro bono advice to The Citizen Organising Foundation, Medical Aid Films, Tourism for All, British Rowing and Bliss on various corporate, commercial and governance matters.
- FinTech: Future Commerce Programme, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2016
- Law and the FinTech order, finnCap Ambition Nation, 2018
- “Aon Risk Solutions Hosts 'Mega Trends' Discussion Panel with Industry Leaders,” The Risk Universe, June 2016