Mr. Kelson, a partner in the firm’s Pittsburgh office, focuses his practice on business and corporate counseling and transactional matters, including transactions involving equity and debt financing, venture capital, private equity, mergers and acquisitions, technology licensing and commercial matters.
Mr. Kelson represents businesses and entrepreneurs in numerous commercial, corporate, strategic and financial matters, including the acquisition and sale of businesses and complex financing transactions. Mr. Kelson counsels entrepreneurs and emerging growth companies throughout the growth cycles of their businesses, including formation and start-up, corporate and business counseling, capital raising transactions, commercial relationships, and their ultimate exit. His experience spans a variety of industries, from core manufacturing to high-tech, including fintech, EdTech, PropTech, AI and Mobility/AV.
In addition, Mr. Kelson represents investment managers in the structuring and formation of onshore and offshore private investment funds and structured financial products.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Kelson was a partner at a national law firm.
- Selected to the Rising Stars list, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2012-present
- The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, 2021
- Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh, Board of Directors
- Adjunct Professor, University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- Member, Board of the Pittsburgh Venture Capital Association