Brett Durham is a partner in the Charlotte office and focuses his practice on business transactions and general corporate representation.
Brett represents clients in private equity, M&A, financing and other complex transactions, including the purchase and sale of private companies and divisions of public companies, recapitalizations, equity investments and the establishment of joint ventures. He also regularly acts as outside corporate counsel to a variety of businesses.
Brett has represented various parties to transactions, including financial and strategic buyers and sellers, equity investors, financial institutions and management teams. He has led transactions in, and represented companies involved in, a variety of industries, including distribution, logistics, manufacturing, technology, health care, building products and services and financial services.
Prior to joining the firm, Brett worked as an analyst in the Human Resources Department of McKesson General Medical, a national medical supply distributor based in Richmond, Va.
- Best Lawyers in America, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, 2012-2021; 2018 Lawyer of the Year, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law - Charlotte
- Best Lawyers in America, Mergers and Acquisitions, 2013-2021
- Best Lawyers in America, Venture Capital, 2012-2021; 2020 Lawyer of the Year, Venture Capital
- Selected to the North Carolina Rising Stars list, Mergers & Acquisitions, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2011-2014
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Habitat for Humanity
- "Credit market's turmoil may aid mezzanine debt,” co-authored with David Batty, Charlotte Business Journal, November 2007