Camille Scarparo is an associate within the Paris office IP/IT/Privacy team and a member of K&L Gates’ Data Protection, Privacy and Security and Technology Transactions and Sourcing practice groups.
Camille focuses her practice primarily on intellectual property, data protection and information technology. She assists French and international clients in litigation and transactional matters relating to:
- The processing of personal data, including the implementation of compliance with the General Personal Data Regulation (audits, risk analysis, contractual implementation), or in cases related to the optimization and securization of personal data processing;
- The enforcement, development, protection and defense of intellectual property rights (copyrights, trademarks, designs, domain names, unfair competition). She notably manages significant IP portfolios, infrigement cases, transaction and negociation of intellectual property rights license and/or assignement;
- Internet law, in particular regarding e-commerce, online liability, cybercrime and online reputation; and
- Audiovisual, art, medias, communication and advertising laws, as well as image rights, press freedom and telecommunications law.
Prior to joining the firm, Camille served as an information technology and data privacy law associate for a Paris-based international network of lawyers. Through this role, Camille practiced with regard to litigation and counselling matters related to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance, French Supervisory Authority (CNIL) investigations and sanctions, website compliance (data protection policy, cookies policy, consent management module), privacy impact assessments, and data breach notifications.
She also acquired experience in the legal department of a leading French e-commerce website and completed an internship within the competition law department of a leading U.S. law firm in Paris.
- IAPP’s Certified Information Privacy Professional CIPP/E