David Bartz is a partner in the firm’s Nashville office and is a member of the Corporate practice. He advises clients in all aspects of corporate and securities law, with an emphasis on capital markets transactions, securities regulation, and corporate governance. David has experience representing both issuers and investment banks in a wide range of capital markets transactions, including initial public offerings, follow-on offerings, public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, and tender offerings. His practice also includes mergers and acquisitions and other general corporate matters, including Exchange Act reporting and corporate governance and compliance matters, including insider reporting and compliance with the rules of the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq.
David has counseled and represented companies involved in a broad array of industries, including financial services, international shipping, food distribution, and the energy industry, including exploration and production companies, master limited partnerships, pipeline joint ventures, and oilfield services companies.
Prior to joining the firm, David worked at another international law firm in Houston, Texas, before relocating to Nashville where he continued to focus his practice on capital markets transactions, securities regulation, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, and other general corporate and securities matters.
- Thompson Reuters Super Lawyers®
- Texas Rising Star, 2017-2019
- Nashville Bar Association
- Duke University Nashville Alumni Association
- Duke University Energy Industry Network and Insight Club
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- ‘The Rise of Special Purpose Acquisition Companies and “SPACulation” of What’s to Come,’ ACC TN Newsletter, Fall 2021
- "SEC Could Pull More 'Unicorns' Into Public Reporting Regime," Law360, 28 January 2022