K&L Gates, Lawyers Named as IP and Trademark Leaders in 2021 World Trademark Review 1000 Rankings
K&L Gates LLP and 10 partners across the firm’s global platform have again been recognized among the world’s leading trademark practices and professionals in World Trademark Review’s annual WTR 1000 rankings, a comprehensive survey of leading trademark practitioners in more than 80 jurisdictions.
As a firm, K&L Gates is ranked in the Australia enforcement and litigation and prosecution and strategy categories. Individual lawyers ranked in the 2021 edition were:
- London partner Arthur Artinian (United Kingdom: England - prosecution and strategy, transactions)
- Boston partner David Byer (United States: Massachusetts - prosecution and strategy)
- Hong Kong of counsel Winnie Chan (China and special administrative regions: Hong Kong - prosecution and strategy)
- Melbourne partner Jonathan Feder (Australia - enforcement and litigation)
- Chicago partner Sana Hakim (United States: Illinois - prosecution and strategy)
- Seattle partner Pam Jacobson (United States: Washington - individuals)
- Washington, D.C. partner Susan Kayser (United States: DC Metro Area - enforcement and litigation, prosecution and strategy)
- Melbourne partner Chris Round (Australia - enforcement and litigation)
- Chicago partner Kate Starshak (United States: Illinois - prosecution and strategy)
- Melbourne partner Tony Watson (Australia - enforcement and litigation, prosecution and strategy)
Now in its eleventh year, the World Trademark Review 1000 survey is one of the industry’s highly regarded publications and is based on more than 1,500 face-to-face and telephone interviews with hundreds of lawyers and clients in the trademark industry, taking into account depth of expertise, market presence, and the level of work typically handled.
K&L Gates is a fully integrated global law firm with lawyers located across five continents. The firm represents leading multinational corporations, growth and middle-market companies, capital markets participants and entrepreneurs in every major industry group as well as public sector entities, educational institutions, philanthropic organizations and individuals.