Kane Barnett has extensive experience advising Australian and international clients on fund formation, investments in funds, and investments by and transactions involving funds across a broad range of asset classes, including real estate, credit, venture capital, infrastructure and private equity funds.
Kane has particular expertise on private funds matters with a cross-border element. He regularly assists fund managers raising capital in Australia and globally as well as foreign investors with structuring their investments in Australian infrastructure and real estate assets.
His experience also includes advising on major strategic corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions of listed and unlisted funds and fund managers, and initial public offerings and secondary raisings by listed entities.
Kane also provides advice to clients on the Australian regulatory regime and accessing the Australian market in general.
Prior to joining the firm, Kane worked at multinational law firms in Sydney, and Singapore where he advised on a number of private fund matters for Singaporean, Chinese, European and Middle Eastern clients.
- Law Society of New South Wales member
- Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA) Australian Regulatory Committee member
- Property Council of Australia Corporate Governance and Regulation Committee member
- K&L Gates Virtual Coffee Break at the ICI Mutual Funds and Investment Management Conference - Distribution - Embracing Change to Stay Still or Create Competitive Advantage?, March 2021
- AIMA APAC Webinar: Australia’s New Regulatory Framework for Foreign Financial Services Providers, March and April 2020