Matthew Clark is an associate in the Seattle office of K&L Gates in the environment, land and natural resources practice group. Matt's practice focuses on regulatory compliance, transactions involving energy and infrastructure, environmental permitting, natural resource development, and land use. Matt also maintains a practice in complex commercial disputes, providing strategic pre-litigation and litigation advice to clients. In addition, Matt is a member of K&L Gates' budding sports law practice group.
As a summer associate at the firm, Matt supported several associates and partners from different practice groups. In addition to his law degree, Matt earned a Graduate Certificate in Environment and Society from Reilly Center for Science, Technology, and Values at the University of Notre Dame. Before attending law school, Matt worked as a program manager at an engineering non-profit organization, the National Society of Black Engineers.
- 2020 National Black Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, Washington
- 2017 Diversity Fellow at K&L Gates
- Winner of the Notre Dame Baseball Salary Arbitration Competition and competitor at the 10th Annual International Tulane Baseball Salary Arbitration Competition
- National Society of Black Engineer’s Executive Award for Exemplary Leadership
- Member at Large, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Committee Member, Martin Luther King Jr. Luncheon Committee, King County Bar Association
- Committee Member, Associates Campaign, Campaign for Equal Justice
- Non-Profit Board Vice President, Northwest Seattle Little League
- Banning Coal: Analyzing the Eradication of Coal in North America, Vol. 49 of the Texas Environmental Law Journal