Matthew Clark is an associate in the Seattle office of K&L Gates in the Environment, Land, and Natural Resources practice group. Matt's practice focuses on environmental litigation, regulatory compliance, transactions involving energy and infrastructure, environmental permitting, natural resource development, and land use. Matt also maintains a practice in the firm’s broader complex commercial disputes, providing strategic pre-litigation and litigation advice to clients. In addition, Matt is a member of K&L Gates' budding sports law practice group.
As a summer associate at the firm, Matt supported several associates and partners from different practice groups. In addition to his law degree, Matt earned a Graduate Certificate in Environment and Society from Reilly Center for Science, Technology, and Values at the University of Notre Dame. Before attending law school, Matt worked as a program manager at an engineering non-profit organization, the National Society of Black Engineers.
- National Black Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, Washington (2020-2022)
- 2017 Diversity Fellow at K&L Gates
- Winner of the Notre Dame Baseball Salary Arbitration Competition and competitor at the 10th Annual International Tulane Baseball Salary Arbitration Competition
- National Society of Black Engineer’s Executive Award for Exemplary Leadership
- State-wide Co-Chair, Associates Campaign, Campaign for Equal Justice (2021)
- Executive Board Member, Legal Foundation of Washington
- Non-Profit Board Vice President, Northwest Seattle Little League
- Member at Large, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, American Bar Association (2021)
- Committee Member, Martin Luther King Jr. Luncheon Committee, King County Bar Association (2020-2022)
- “Calif.'s Renewable Natural Gas Standard: Tips For Suppliers,” Law360, 13 April 2022
- “Calif.'s Renewable Natural Gas Standard: How It Works,” Law360, 12 April 2022
- Banning Coal: Analyzing the Eradication of Coal in North America, Vol. 49 of the Texas Environmental Law Journal
- “The Uncertain Future of the NCAA Post Alston – Federal v. State Legislation v. Conference Guidelines,” LawInSport, December 2021
- An article written by San Francisco partner Buck Endemann and Seattle associates Molly Barker and Matthew Clark regarding California’s renewable natural gas standard appears in Law360.