Tyler Hong Shik Won
Tyler Hong-Shik Won is a partner in the firm's Seoul and Washington D.C. offices, and is a member of the intellectual property, international trade, and antitrust practice groups. Tyler counsels both domestic and international clients on intellectual property law, specifically trade secret compliance and litigation, and international trade, and antitrust issues. He advises leading Asian global companies on a wide range of legal issues affecting their U.S. and global operations, including legal and regulatory compliance, business risk mitigation strategies, and litigation and dispute resolution. Tyler has also counseled in the areas of renewable energy projects, merger and acquisitions, project finance, employment, litigation, and anti-corruption advice.
Prior to joining the firm, Tyler was a partner in a Washington, D.C. headquartered international AmLaw 100 law firm, where he was co-chair of the Korea practice. While there, his experience includes advising major international conglomerates and domestic companies in M&A, general corporate matters, and antitrust issues with a focus on cross-border transactions. As a client advocate, he led and negotiated transactions, completed HSR clearance filings before the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), and supervised and coordinated legal due diligence and the drafting of due diligence reports. He began his legal practice at one of the largest Korean law firms, where he served as second chair on major corporate transactions. There, he advised Korean and international clients in various corporate, real estate development, employment, and project finance matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Tyler served as an international trade, intellectual property, and antitrust associate for a U.S. international law firm, where he concentrated his practice on international trade issues, IP matters, and antitrust issues. In addition, he was an associate at a Korean-based law firm for more than three years. During this time he advised Korean and international clients in various corporate, real estate development, and project finance matters.
- Keynote Speaker, “Ramifications of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) and Other US Current Issues of Interest to Korean Companies,” Committee for Future Strategies, 22 December 2022
- Keynote Speaker, “Prospects for Korea-US Relations and Korean Companies / Economic Incentives and Site Selection Options for Expanding Companies Reshoring and Inbound to U.S.,” Korea-U.S. Economic Council in Korea, 24 March 2022
- Speaker, “AMCHAM - KITA Doing Business in the U.S. Seminar 2019,” The American Chamber of Commerce in Korea, 3 December 2019
- Keynote Speaker, “Korea-United States Import Relief Issues in the Donald Trump Era,” Korean Chamber of Commerce and Industry in USA, 25 May 2017
- “Overview of Potential US Antitrust and Public Policy Issues in the Maritime Industry Restructurings,” November 2016, Journal of Competition
- “The Yates Memorandum, Guideline on the Prosecution of Individuals in Corporate Fraud Cases,” September 2016, Journal of Competition
- “Even Non-Reportable Mergers Under HSR Act Are Not Immune to Antitrust Enforcement Actions," March 2016, Journal of Competition