Ken Marlow is a partner at the firm’s Nashville office and is a member of the Health Care and FDA and Corporate practice groups. Ken assists health care clients and private equity funds grow strategically through mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures. Ken is known to bring people and businesses together to structure, document, and execute deals. He has worked on more than 50 acute care hospital transactions with an aggregate value of more than US$16 billion. He advises private equity funds and the portfolio companies of the funds, including one of the world’s largest global alternative investment management firms, on a variety of corporate transactions in the health care space. He also advises some of the largest privately and publicly held health care companies in the United States in strategic acquisitions across the acute and post-acute care spectrum. He has worked with multistate nonprofit health systems and academic medical centers on strategic growth initiatives.
In addition to his significant transactional practice, Ken has regularly advised boards on corporate governance matters. He also has served as counsel in more than 100 syndications of ambulatory surgery centers, dialysis centers and other outpatient facilities.
Prior to joining the firm, Ken served as a partner and health care industry leader at a U.S. law firm where he led a team of over 200 health care lawyers. He has worked on some of the most significant health care transactions in the United States, including joint ventures between hospitals, physician groups, and other health care providers. He has presented on a range of health care topics at national conferences, and is regularly quoted in publications including Modern Healthcare, New York Times, and Wall Street Journal.
- Chambers USA, Healthcare (Tennessee) (2016–2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America© (BL Rankings), Health Care Law (2019–2021)
- Nashville Business Journal
- Health Care Heroes (2015)
- Health Care Awards (2018, 2020)
- Member, Board of Directors, Nashville Health Care Council
- Member, Nashville, Tennessee and American Bar Associations
- Member, Business Law and Health Law Sections of the American Bar Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, Board of Directors, Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis, LLP
- Member, Diversity Committee
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Leadership Health Care
- Former Member, Board of Directors of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Former Member, Board of Directors of the National Kidney Foundation of Middle Tennessee
- Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity Home Construction
- American Health Lawyer’s Association Transactions Conference
- Healthcare Law and Compliance Institute
- Home Care 100
- Texas Health Lawyers Association
- Quoted, "Buoyed by Federal Covid Aid, Big Hospital Chains Buy Up Competitors," The New York Times, 21 May 2021