Wells Beckett is a partner at the firm’s Nashville office and is a member of the Health Care and FDA and Corporate practices. He focuses his practice on corporate and business matters, such as mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and securities offerings. His extensive knowledge and experience within the health care industry allows Wells to assist his clients with structuring and negotiating transactions involving health care companies.
Wells also has provided general corporate and securities advice, including assisting clients with public and private securities offerings as well as corporate governance compliance and negotiation of commercial contracts. His experience extends to a wide-range of industries beyond health care, including manufacturing, hospitality, retail, and technology.
Prior to joining the firm, Wells served as an associate at a U.S. law firm where he gained significant experience representing his health care clients in hospital acquisitions and dispositions, health care IT company mergers, health system joint ventures and mergers, debt and equity securities offerings, and SEC compliance and reporting matters, among others.
- Recognized in the Best Lawyers in America® for Health Care Law (2023-2024)
- The Best Lawyers in America® Ones to Watch, Health Care Law (2021-2022)
- Mid-South Rising Stars list - Business/Corporate (2019-2022)
- Member, Nashville and Tennessee Bar Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member and Secretary, Board of Directors of The Beat of Life
- "Strategic Combinations May Be One Antidote for Acute Care Hospitals," Bloomberg Law, June 2023
- "Push for More Home-Based Health Care Will Sustain M&A Activity," Bloomberg Law, 22 March 2023
- "Health Care Transactions Spotlight: Key Considerations for Deals Involving Recipients of COVID-19 Provider Relief Funds and Other Assistance," American Health Law Association, 14 May 2021
- Mentioned, "Excela Health, Butler Health System officially merged," Pittsburgh Business Times, 3 January 2023