Yuki Sako advises global banking institutions, asset managers, and payment services on a number of Japanese financial services regulatory and compliance issues. She counsels clients on offering and structuring various investment products and services, and represents clients before Japanese regulatory agencies.
She also advises banks and bank-affiliated financial institutions on U.S. federal financial services regulations including issues under the U.S. federal banking laws, and represents clients before U.S. federal banking agencies.
- Court Secretary at Kyoto District Court (2004 - 2007)
- Dai-ni Tokyo Bar Association
- Columbia Law School Class of 2014 5th Reunion Co-Chair
Yuki regularly speaks at industry association meetings and conferences. Recent representative engagements include:
- Panelist, “Update on Changes to Regulation of Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) in Japan,” AIMA APAC Webinar, March 2020.
- Panelist, “Big Data and AI - Is It Creating the Alpha?,” 14th AIMA Japan Annual Forum 2019, Tokyo, May 2019.
- Panelist, “Raising Fund Assets in a Global Regulatory Environment,” K&L Gates, Boston, New York, March 2019.
- “Rapid Enactment of the Amendment Bill of the Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act” NBL (Shoji Homu) No. 1160, December 2019.
- “Japan and the EU Create a Free Flow of Data,” Infosecurity Magazine, 17 January 2019
- Contributing Author, “Securities Practice Guide,” Lexis Nexis.
- “CFIUS Reform: Impacts on Japanese Businesses’ Investments in the U.S. - Legislative Background, Key Changes and Issues to Consider in Analyzing Risks” NBL (Shoji Homu) No. 1138, January 2019.
- “The Impacts of the U.S. Investment Company Act of 1940 on Businesses of Japanese Operating Companies – in light of various capital-raising and borrowing activities in the U.S.” Jyunkan Shoji Homu No.2069, June 2015.
- “Proposed Amendments to Japan’s Fund Regulatory Framework Include Dramatic Changes for Non-Japanese Funds” Bloomberg BNA World Securities Law Report, Vol. 21, No.5, May 2015.
- “Japanese Law License Requirements for Fund Securities Issued Overseas” Jyunkan Shoji Homu No.1989, February 2013.