Arturo Meglio is a partner in the firm’s Milan office. He concentrates his practice on corporate matters, with particular focus on M&A transactions and corporate litigations.
Arturo focuses his practice on assisting public and privately held companies as well as private equity funds and financial institutions in a number of domestic and international mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions. He also handles reorganization issues of family-owned groups.
In recent years, Arturo has assisted, in addition to Italian based companies, corporations from Japan, Brazil, France, the U.S., Greece, and the Czech Republic, and has been particularly active with the pharmaceutical, manufacturing, logistics/transportation, gaming, and food industries, assisting in their entry in the Italian markets and following daily activities.
Arturo leads the growth team of the Milan office focused on assistance to start-up and scale-up companies in the establishment of their operations and following growth whether via acquisitions, internationalization and/or internal growth. The growth team operates through the worldwide platform of the firm with a variety of practice groups within the firm, including the fashion and luxury group, to meet client’s needs and expectations all over the world.
Arturo is admitted to the legal practice in Italy and in the state of New York.
Arturo began his career working in London, New York, and Milan for major U.S. firms. Before joining K&L Gates, Arturo was a partner at major UK firms working mainly out of their Milan offices for over 8 years.
Whilst at Georgetown Law for his LL.M. degree, Arturo was selected for a stage at the Securities and Exchange Commission in the Division of Enforcement.
- “Primi "contrasti" giurisprudenziali in materia di locazione commerciale, affitto di azienda e ramo di azienda in epoca covid-19” - Diritto24- Il Sole 24 Ore, September 21st, 2020
- “Ripartenza dell’Economia – Fase 2: alcuni spunti giuridico-economici” - Gobeyond.it, June 26th, 2020
- “Primi orientamenti giurisprudenziali post COVID-19 in materia di locazione commerciale, affitto di azienda e ramo di azienda” - Diritto24 - Il Sole 24 Ore, June 15th, 2020
- “La ricapitalizzazione delle imprese tra benefici e insidie”, Diritto24 - Il Sole 24 Ore, May 21st, 2020
- “Inadempimenti contrattuali nel contesto emergenziale dovuto al COVID-19”, Diritto24 - Il Sole 24 Ore, May 13th, 2020