Arturo Meglio is a partner in the firm’s Milan office. He concentrates his practice on corporate matters, with particular focus on M&A transactions and corporate litigations.
Arturo focuses his practice on assisting public and privately held companies as well as private equity funds and financial institutions in a number of domestic and international mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions. He also handles reorganization issues of family-owned groups.
In recent years, Arturo has assisted, in addition to Italian based companies, corporations from Japan, Brazil, France, the U.S., Greece, and the Czech Republic, and has been particularly active with the pharmaceutical, manufacturing, logistics/transportation, gaming, and food industries, assisting in their entry in the Italian markets and following daily activities.
Arturo leads the growth team of the Milan office focused on assistance to start-up and scale-up companies in the establishment of their operations and following growth whether via acquisitions, internationalization and/or internal growth. The growth team operates through the worldwide platform of the firm with a variety of practice groups within the firm to meet client’s needs and expectations all over the world.
Arturo is admitted to the legal practice in Italy and in the state of New York.
Arturo began his career working in London, New York, and Milan for major U.S. firms. Before joining K&L Gates, Arturo was a partner at major UK firms working mainly out of their Milan offices for over 8 years.
Whilst at Georgetown Law for his LL.M. degree, Arturo was selected for a stage at the Securities and Exchange Commission in the Division of Enforcement.
- 28 March 2021 - Arturo Meglio attended as a speaker in the webinar "The M&A process: external growth strategies” organized by Elite - Italian Stock Exchange.
- 15-16 September 2021 - Arturo Meglio participated as a speaker in the webinar “Legal Marketing: new frontiers” organized by MOPI, the Italian legal marketing association.
- 19 May 2021 - Arturo Meglio participated as a speaker in the webinar "Entry in the German market: a candid conversation about how to start a business in Germany" organized together with Endeavor.
- 10 March 2021 - Arturo Meglio, Pierluigi Vingolo and Luca Nardello held a seminar on investment agreements dedicated to the students of the Master in Corporate & Business Law (Luiss Guido Carli University).
- 27 January 2021 - Arturo Meglio attended as a speaker at the “IM Entrepreneurial Lab project” dedicated to the students of Istituto Marangoni Fashion School. The seminar had the aim to show those main legal aspects to be considered at the start of a new business: organizational processes, regulations, IP and some practical advices for fashion and design start-ups.
- 15 January 2021 - Arturo Meglio attended as a speaker in a webinar organized together with Elite - Italian Stock Exchange and Invitalia on start-up financing, aimed at the training of innovative SMEs and with a focus on the following topics: Governance, Shareholder Relations, Investment Agreements, Privacy and Data Protection, Intellectual Property and Stock Option Plan
- 1 December 2020 - Arturo Meglio moderated the roundtable “How to address companies’ international expansion challenges”, during the Endeavor Digital Event.
- “Applicazione del foro del consumatore per il fideiussore persona fisica” - Diritto 24 - Il Sole 24 Ore, 12 May 2021
- “Canone di locazione e pandemia, gli ultimi orientamenti giurisprudenziali” - Diritto 24 - Il Sole 24 Ore, 1 April 2021
- “Violazione del patto parasociale: come si risolve la questione di giurisdizione se la società è straniera ma i soci sono italiani?” - Diritto 24 - Il Sole 24 Ore, 11 February 11 2021
- “Banche e diamanti: luce sugli ultimi orientamenti della giurisprudenza di merito” - Diritto 24 - Il Sole 24 Ore, 25 November 2020
- “Primi "contrasti" giurisprudenziali in materia di locazione commerciale, affitto di azienda e ramo di azienda in epoca covid-19” - Diritto24- Il Sole 24 Ore, 21 September 2020
- “Ripartenza dell’Economia – Fase 2: alcuni spunti giuridico-economici” - Gobeyond.it, 26 June 2020
- “Primi orientamenti giurisprudenziali post COVID-19 in materia di locazione commerciale, affitto di azienda e ramo di azienda” - Diritto24 - Il Sole 24 Ore, 15 June 2020
- “La ricapitalizzazione delle imprese tra benefici e insidie”, Diritto24 - Il Sole 24 Ore, 21 May 2020
- “Inadempimenti contrattuali nel contesto emergenziale dovuto al COVID-19”, Diritto24 - Il Sole 24 Ore, 14 May 2020