Frank Voon is a practice area leader for our corporate practice group encompassing about 500 lawyers globally. With more than 20 years of experience, Frank has advised on a broad spectrum of cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity, and general corporate matters. Frank’s clients include multinationals, fund managers, financial institutions, and state-owned enterprises. Frank’s has extensive experience in transactions in many industry sectors, including chemicals, health care, life science, medical device, mining and resources, power, logistics and real estate, and services. Notably, Frank has advised a significant number of Chinese companies on their global expansion plans and outbound investments and integration issues.
Frank is a key contact for our China corporate practice, which is ranked by Legal 500 (Asia Pacific) and Chambers (Asia Pacific and Global). He is also a key member of the firm's China real estate and construction practice, which is ranked by Legal 500 (Asia Pacific). Further, he is a key contact for our health care sector.
Frank has been recognized as a Best Lawyers® since the inaugural edition of The Best Lawyers® in China for Project Finance and Development Practice (International Firms). Frank was cited to be an “excellent lawyer” giving “outstanding support” by IFLR 1000 in 2020. Transactions led by Frank have been recognized by directories, including two nominations for China M&A Deal of the Year 2015 and an Honorable Mention - Deal of the Year 2017.
Prior to joining the firm, Frank worked at leading Australian, Singaporean, and U.K. Magic Circle firms in their Beijing, Shanghai, and Singapore offices for over 15 years.
- "How to Enforce Intellectual Property Rights in China," Intellectual Property & Technology Law Journal, 34 (3), March 2022
- “Distribution Q&A: Hong Kong”, Practical Law (2021)
- “China Amends Key Medical Device Regulations,” K&L Gates Food, Drugs, Medical Devices and Cosmetics (FDA) Alert (2014)
- “MOFCOM Strengthens Merger Control Law Enforcement,” K&L Gates M&A Alert (2014)
- “Directors' and Officers' Liability in the PRC, Executive Risks – A Boardroom Guide,” Willis (2010)