Frank Voon is a corporate partner and practice area leader of the firm’s global corporate practice, which comprises some 500 lawyers in 40 offices. Frank has extensive experience advising funds, financial institutions, and multinationals on cross-border mergers and acquisitions (M&A), restructuring, and complex commercial transactions. Frank’s 20 years’ worth of corporate experience spans healthcare; life sciences; pharmaceuticals and medical devices; energy, infrastructure and resources; Fintech; manufacturing; real estate; technology; transportation and logistics; and retail and services.
Frank is a ranked practitioner in the Chambers Greater China Region Guide 2023 for corporate/M&A and has been recommended by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific Guide, 2018-2023 for his corporate/M&A work across Mainland China and Hong Kong. Frank is also recognized by Best Lawyers® for Project Finance and Development Practice (International Firms) since 2019.
- Recognized by Chambers Greater China Region and Chambers Global for Corporate/M&A: Hong Kong-based (International Firms), 2023
- Recommended by The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific, 2018-2023
- "How to Enforce Intellectual Property Rights in China," Intellectual Property & Technology Law Journal, 34 (3), March 2022
- “Distribution Q&A: Hong Kong”, Practical Law (2021)
- “China’s ‘New’ Foreign Investment Law,” K&L Gates Asia Corporate Alert (2020) and LexisNexis Practical Guidance—Company and Corporate (2020)
- “COVID-19: Certain Labor Law Considerations in China,” K&L Gates Asia Labor, Employment, and Workplace Safety Alert (2020) and JDSupra.com
- “China Amends Key Medical Device Regulations,” K&L Gates Food, Drugs, Medical Devices, and Cosmetics (FDA) Alert (2014)
- “MOFCOM Strengthens Merger Control Law Enforcement,” K&L Gates M&A Alert (2014)
- “Directors' and Officers' Liability in the PRC, Executive Risks–A Boardroom Guide,” Willis (2010)
- Mentioned, "DIC Corporation’s Acquisition of Guangdong Tong Tak New Materials," Global Legal Chronicle, 12 July 2022