K&L Gates, Lawyers Named as IP and Trademark Leaders in 2023 World Trademark Review 1000 Rankings
K&L Gates LLP and 14 lawyers across the firm’s global platform have been recognized among the world’s leading trademark practices and professionals in World Trademark Review’s annual WTR 1000 rankings, a comprehensive survey of leading trademark practitioners in more than 80 key jurisdictions worldwide.
As a firm, K&L Gates was ranked in the following categories:
- Australia (enforcement and IP litigation)
- Australia (prosecution and strategy)
- United Kingdom (England)
- United States (Illinois)
Individual lawyers ranked in the 2023 edition include:
- London partner Arthur Artinian (United Kingdom: England - prosecution and strategy; transactions)
- Boston partner David Byer (United States: Massachusetts - prosecution and strategy)
- Hong Kong of counsel Winnie Chan (China and special administrative regions: Hong Kong - prosecution and strategy)
- Chicago partner Alexis Crawford Douglas (United States: Illinois - prosecution and strategy)
- Melbourne partner Jonathan Feder (Australia - enforcement and IP litigation; prosecution and strategy)
- Austin partner Christopher Graff (United States: Texas – individuals)
- Chicago partner Sana Hakim (United States: Illinois - prosecution and strategy)
- Seattle partner Pam Jacobson (United States: Washington - individuals)
- Washington, D.C., partner Susan Kayser (United States: DC Metro Area - enforcement and IP litigation; prosecution and strategy)
- Austin partner Stewart Mesher (United States: Texas – individuals)
- Melbourne partner Chris Round (Australia - enforcement and IP litigation; prosecution and strategy)
- Chicago partner Kate Starshak (United States: Illinois - prosecution and strategy)
- Melbourne partner Tony Watson (Australia - enforcement and IP litigation; prosecution and strategy)
- Beijing counsel Edward Yao (China and special administrative regions: Hong Kong - prosecution and strategy)
Now in its thirteenth year, the World Trademark Review 1000 survey is one of the industry’s highly regarded publications and is based on face-to-face and telephone interviews with hundreds of lawyers and clients in the trademark industry, taking into account depth of expertise, market presence, and the level of work typically handled.
K&L Gates’ IP practice has more than 250 lawyers and professionals – including more than 100 registered patent lawyers, agents, and technology specialists with technical or advanced science degrees, nearly 30 with doctorates – who devote their practices to helping clients establish, enforce, and leverage their intellectual property rights worldwide. Through its members across the United States, United Kingdom, Europe, Asia, and Australia, K&L Gates’ IP practice filed more than 4,750 patent applications and 2,350 trademarks worldwide in 2022.
K&L Gates is a fully integrated global law firm with lawyers located across five continents. The firm represents leading multinational corporations, growth and middle-market companies, capital markets participants and entrepreneurs in every major industry group as well as public sector entities, educational institutions, philanthropic organizations and individuals.